Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sausalito Stroll

Yesterday, mommy and I went to Sausalito to meet a lady for lunch. At first I didn't understand what the big deal was, but mommy kept calling her "The Food Lady" so I figured the lady we were meeting was going to make us lunch! Well, what REALLY happened was we met "The Food Lady" at a very nice restaurant called Murray Circle at the Cavalo Point Lodge (Fort Baker). 

This was the view of the Golden Gate Bridge (looking towards San Francisco) from the Fort Baker parade grounds. It was a really nice day (70 degrees).

(Click on photo to enlarge)

I had fun meeting mommy's friend (whose real name is Karen) and the restaurant people were very nice too me - even when I squealed really loud. I also met a boy there - he was 7 months old and had nice hair. I didn't get his name. I would have offered to buy him a drink, but I saw that he already had a full sippy-cup on the table. 

(Karen took this photo of the little boy I met)

Mommy and Karen talked, and talked, and talked, and talked and then Karen had to go take some photos of ducks. So we said our good-byes, and then mommy and I went to downtown Sausalito for more strollin'. 

This is a view looking across the bay to San Francisco - that's the Sausalito Yacht Club on the right. It was a little hazy in SF, but if you click on the photo you can see it a little better. The pointy building is the Transamerica Building. The little island to the left is 
Alcatraz. 


Oh, I almost forgot the best part! I met Karen's little boy, Skeezix (he only weighs 8 pounds). He has lots of white hair, big ears, and he ate some of my Cheerio's. He was very well dressed and had some cool sunglasses. He got to sit in a big chair and the waiter gave him a menu. I think he's a real big celebrity, or something, cuz he really got the star treatment. You can see more photos from our visit at Skeezix's blog.

You'll have to visit my brother's blog to hear how jealous they were that I got to meet Skeezix!

Anyhoo, that's it for now. Bye.

9 comments:

Kimo and Sabi said...

Whutever. We played wif yer stuff while you wuz away - ha ha!

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Ahhh we are so jealous you got to meet the famous Skeezix in person, Kiera! You blurpys get all the fun!!
Mr. Chen & Ollie

The Florida Furkids said...

What a fun day you had. You're so lucky to have met the Great Skeezix!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer kiera,
i'm verree jellus dat u got to meet da fl an skeezix in purson! dey ar famus an fabyoolus. did skeezix head-bonk u?
jus wunderin.
nex october u will get to meet mi mom in purson ... an maybe i'll slip in her duffle an meet u, too.
luv--cuzzin jh
pee ess ... did u get to ware da pink sunglassez?

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Kiera we are so jealous that you got to meet the wonderful Skeezix in person!! We are glad you had a nice time in Sausalito!
Your FL furiends,

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Argh! You are so LUCKY, Kiera! We are phenomenally jealous of you!
DMM

Milton said...

That was a really great stroll!
It has been so warm this winter with lots of great sunbeams for naps.

Did you pet Skeezix? I bet he has very soft ears.

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Harry the kitten and his mommy. You have a very cute blog Kiera! We have a little niece that just turned one year old and is starting to walk, her name is Emma. She was an honorary kitten on my blog in October.
Anyway, we think your blog is very cute!
Harry and his Mommy

Nomi said...

You met SKEEXIZ, wow !!