Monday, March 15, 2010

Havin' Some Fun!

Hi there! It's been a while since I've posted stuff 'cause it's been very busy at our house. I thought I'd start off with some photos of things I've been doing lately . . .

First of all, you all know how much I love Legos! Here's a sample of what I like to do (you can click on any photo to make it bigger) . . .

Maybe I'll be an architect someday, like my Uncle Peter in New York.

This past weekend, while Mommy was at a workshop (which all she did was work, not shop), Daddy took me to a really fun arts & crafts day sponsored by a local nursery school coop. There were lots of activities and one of my great creations was this hobby horse (aka stick pony).

I also painted a rock with green and gold glitter - it will be my special rock for St. Patrick's Day! At the arts & crafts day I earned special golden nugget rocks each time I visited a craft table. Then at the end of the day I got to trade some of the golden nuggets for things - I brought home a toy bus that helps me with my ABC's, and I got 3 puzzles!

That all happened on Saturday. Then on Sunday, Mommy took me to Michael's Craft Store where I made this cute ladybug! It's made from a flower pot and base. I painted the red base, then the black top, the the craft lady glued them together. Then I painted the black dots on the bottom. Mommy cut out the wings and made the antenna and the craft lady glued it all on, along with the googly eyes. It was super easy and fun (and it didn't matter if I made a mess or not)!


If you have a Michael's store in your neighborhood, they have kids craft days on weekends. The ladybug pot only cost $1.00 to make, and sometimes the craft is totally free! You can sign up for craft ideas and find out about craft days and get coupons at Michael's craft website called The Knack.

Mommy and I also did a lot of research on the internet this weekend to find fun stuff to do - I am a very active kid, ya know. Another great place to have fun is Lowe's - they have "Build and Grow" clinics where you can build a free wood project (with your parent's help), and you'll even get a free apron, goggles and a certificate of completion! that's where I'm goin' next!

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you about going to Kindergym at Redwood Empire Gymnastics! Mommy took me there on Friday . . . but she didn't have time to take photos. AND the weekend before, I got to play indoor soccer with Kinder Kickz!

For Kinder Kickz photos

Well, that about brings ya up to speed. TTYL!

1 comment:

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Hey Kiera! I made that same ladybug pot at Michael's! Mine's on the kitchen counter 'cuz it needs to be sprayed with clear gloss so that I can put it outside. I filled mine with cat litter sand so that it won't fall over!
COOL!
DMM