Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Holiday Fun!

I had great fun on Memorial Day! Mommy, Daddy & I went to Howarth Park where there are lots of fun activities for families!

First I rode the carousel, but I didn't like it much. I got kinda dizzy. Then I got to ride a real train through the woods. I wanted to go to the petting zoo, but it doesn't open until June, and I was too young to ride the ponies. It was a really hot day, so I went to the water play area. Water squirts up from the ground and I tried to catch it. It was very refreshing!
I went on the slide next. I can go down the slide all by myself now!
Next, I played some music. There is this cool wood thingy with metal tubes . . . and you hit the tubes with a stick - it's kinda like smackin' a wind chime. 
I tried out the swings again. I am still not convinced that this is fun. Plus, these things are not very ergonomically comfortable. I still can't understand the attraction.
Finally, before we left the park, we took a walk down to the lake. I got to see some geese and ducks. I practiced saying the word "duck." I can't say the word goose, so I just called everything "duck."
Anyhoo, . . . It was a great day! AND, speaking of goose . . . I had an incident with a goose later that night. Right before going to bed, I tripped in the family room and hit my head on the piano leg. I got a big "goose egg" above my left eyebrow. My parents freaked out and took me to the hospital, but the advice nurse said I could go home. Mommy had to sleep in my room and wake my up every two hours (per Dr.'s orders) to make sure I was OK. This was very annoying. Everyone knows you're not supposed to wake a sleeping baby! 

And, speaking of learning new words, . . . don't forget the Scripps Spelling Bee is tomorrow! My brothers are trying to teach me some new words too. You can read all about that at their blog. 

You can see more photos 
from my day at the park HERE.

11 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We can see you had a lovely day at the park. The slide looked like extra good fun.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

NO MORE GOOSE EGGZ BLURP!!!!
i luv u.
i wish i cood go to da park wid u an step in da goose poop wid u.
luv--jh

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

you had a good day till that goose laid his egg! That park sounds like lots of fun!

Nomi said...

I hope your head is OK now ! Apart from that, it sounds like you had a really fun day.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Sounds like a fun day.....until the goose egg thing! We are glad you are okay!

Max said...

You know what? If you put the Man on things like a carousel, he hurls. Really! So even some grownups don't like those kinda rides.

I'm glad your head is okay. Stay away from that goose, don't give her another chance to lay an egg on your head.

Skeezix the Cat said...

I wunna see a foto of ware that goose lade a egg in yer noggin!

Anonymous said...

What a neat park! Looks like you had a great time. Hope your goose egg is gone by now. And, I know you have a summer cold so please feel better soon, ok?

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Aside from the bonk on the melon, you look like you had a furry fun day playin' at Howarth Park, Kiera.
DMM

Mr. Hendrix said...

Wow! It looks like you had a great day until that piano leg attacked you. We have a piano too. Would you like Bendrix to come and scratch that piano leg to kingdom come? He isn't allowed to do that at our house, but the leg never attacked anyone.

I hope your egg is lots smaller now!

PS those swings do not look comfy at all. Especially for little boy babies...

jenianddean said...

Great pictures. I understand what you mean about the swing ... that seat just doesn't look like it was meant for you.
--Jasper