Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Vacation - Part 2

So I promised that I would finish reporting on my last vacation. So here is a map showing where we started in Bakersfield, and our destination in Morro Bay. 
We followed this tomato truck from Bakersfield to the "Lost Hills" exit. Bakersfield is in the Central Valley of California, where lots of our fruits, veggies, and nuts come from. (There are a few nuts in my family - believe me.)
These are the lost hills of "Lost Hills." I don't think they're so lost - after all, WE were able to find them!
After a 2 hour drive, we finally got to Morro Bay, which is about 30 minutes from Hearst Castle in San Simeon. My cousins and I played at the beach one day . . .
. . . then at a park the next day. It was lovely weather there. Do you see that big rock? It's called Morro Rock (duh). 
There's lots to do in Morro Bay, and you can get more info HERE. 

Well, that about sums up my vacation - other than it was a long 5 hour ride home.
Thanks for coming along for the ride!

3 comments:

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

wutta grate vakashun kiera.
i'm sorry dat u diden't havva flat jh to take wid.
luv--jh

Anonymous said...

What a great vacation you had, Kiera! I've never sen a tomato truck before. And, jee whiz - five hours in the car??? Did your mom and dad get you a DVD player or did you just nap a lot?

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Kiera!! What a pretty cool vacation!
Your FL furiends,