Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Uncle Mark!

This is my Uncle Mark - he is also my Godfather.

Today is his birthday - Mommy keeps calling it "The Big Five-O." This is a photo of him with me over a year ago, when I met him for the first time. I think I was only 10 days old. 

He gets to wear a uniform to work each day. I think that's kinda boring - plus it's not very colorful. He has a theme song - "Bad boyz, bad boyz, what cha gonna do, what cha gonna do when dey come for you?" If he comes for you, you are gonna take a big time-out . . . for a long time.


Today he will probably get to relax a little - maybe wear something a bit more fun . . . like this;


He will probably hang out with his woofies too - and take a big nap. My brothers will probably show a photo of that on their blog.

Anyhoo - that's the big news for today.

6 comments:

Journey to DALLAS! said...

Dear Kiera,
Look how much we have in common. I have an Uncle Mark, too. He doesn't hold me anymore. I might be too big.
Thank you for your fundraising advice. I will be looking for loose change now. I hope I can find about $2000 in loose change.
Just saying.
Love--Your Auntie Berta

Nomi said...

BIG glasses are in again. They suit 50 year olds very well and detract fromm boring colourless uniforms !

Anonymous said...

Those glasses look very fashionable on your uncle! They should be part of his uniform!!

Kiddo

Anonymous said...

I have to say that Uncle Mark is very handsome and you are a cutiepatootie!!! I will make sure he visits your blog today, what a great b-day gift..a whole day for him!!!! He will be happy!

Mr. Hendrix said...

Hi! My uncle is Marc with a "c" but he doesn't get to his own theme song. I think that you should help your Uncle Mark dress up his uniform. After all, you always look very fashionable!
You, Daisy and Skeezy could help

Journey to DALLAS! said...

Kiera dear,
Is it still Uncle Mark's birthday?
Just wondering.
Love--Auntie Berta