Friday, March 27, 2009

I Got Sick . . . Again!

Being a kid is dangerous - I keep getting sick! I hear that's normal for a kid my age . . . that doesn't mean I have to like it!

Now I have something called Bronchioltis. I have to have some medication called Albuterol put into a SCARY and noisy machine called a nebulizer. Here is an illustration of a little kid using a nebulizer. Looks easy - right? NOT!

Trust me - it is not as easy as it looks. I HATE it! Mommy and Daddy have to hold me arms sometimes 'cause I try to push the thing away. I refuse to wear the mask, so my parents have to hold the tube near my mouth and nose. Sometimes I can tell it's making me feel better and I relax a little, but not often. I usually scream and cry through the whole process. I have to do this every 4 hours (if I'm wheezing). Also, I can't go back to my new play place until I'm cleared up - I already miss my new friends.

Hopefully I will clear up soon 'cause I am supposed to have a visit soon with some aunts, uncles, and cousins, including some woofies. Plus I've been told there is a Bunny coming to visit me soon.

That's it for now. I gotta do some more internet research about how to get well. Bye.

14 comments:

Sandy said...

As a grown-up with asthma I know that while nebulizer is not fun,it does work!!

Unknown said...

Hi Kiera,

My name is Isaac. My kitties are the Cyclone Cats.
I know what you mean about the neb-I used to hate it when I was small like you (I'm 2 1/2!) but now I Like it! It gets lots better! IN between the time I didn't like it and now, I used 2 inhalers instead.

I've already used my nebulizer today and it's not even 7 AM here.
My mom says maybe tell your mom to get a new toy you only get with the nebulizer. Or wrap you up in a blanket like a burrito.

It's good to scream though cuz it helps the albuterol (That's what I use too!) get down into your lung thingies!

I hope you feel all better soon!

Luv,
Isaac

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

I get bronchitis a couple of times a year ans I generously passed my asthma to a couple of grand kids. The Three year old did not like the nebulizer either till we found the bear! http://www.kidosbear.com/
Now he sits in Mom's lap and they talk and sing to the bear!

Kiera, Some times when you first start going to the play place with your friends, you get all the sick bugs that your friends have. Then you start building up a defense to them and get sick less.


I hoope you get to feeling better!

The Meezers or Billy said...

Oh Kiera honey, we is purrring very hard for you to get well. Mommy says bronkitis is furry nasty!

purrrrrrrsssss purrrrrrrrrrsssss purrrrrrrrrrrssssss

The Furry Kids said...

We are purring and purring for you. Mama knows all about breathing troubles. We hope you feel lots better soon!

Amy M. said...

Get well soon!!! Aidan misses you!

Samantha & Mom said...

Kiera we are purrrring for you to get better soon!! We hope your internet search helps you get better fast!! ((((((((hugs from us all!!)))
Your FL furiends,
and Maverick

The Island Cats said...

Feel better soon, Kiera!!

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

I would hate to wear that thing on my face, too... poor thing. Hope you're feeling better really soon!

The Florida Furkids said...

We're sending loud purrs your way so you get better fast.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Unknown said...

Oh no!! That sounds horrible, my friend!! I sure hope you are better soon. I'm sending you lots of hugs and love and wishing you a speedy recovery!

jenianddean said...

Hope you get feeling better soon!
--Jasper McKitten-Cat

The Cat Realm said...

Sweet Kiera - we are so sorry to hear that you are not well! And we are sending LOTS OF PURRRRRSSSSS for you to get better!

Michelle said...

I feel for you Kiera. My neice has had to use a neb since she was born because of asthma and it was really hard for her to get used to even though her mask was fun and looked like a dragon. I also use a neb for my asthma and it drives my cats nuts when I use it. Good luck at getting rid of it for good.