Sunday, April 26, 2009

Butter & Egg Days Rock!

I got to go to the Annual Petaluma Butter & Egg Days this weekend . . . and my friend Aidan went too. This is a celebration of our town's history of being the Chicken Capitol of the World!

If you remember, last year I entered the "Cutest Chick In Town" contest and won 3rd place. I didn't enter this year 'cause Aidan was in the contest and I didn't want to steal his thunder. He wore the bib I gave him for Easter and he had lots of fun!

After the contest, we went to the petting zoo - we saw chickens, ducks, bunnies, tiny goats and pigs!

Daddy took lots of photos of the parade (will post another day)  - I liked all the bands, but I found the police and fire engine horns to be a bit loud and scary. I was supposed to stroll in the parade with the Petaluma Mother's Club kids, but I didn't get it together in time. Anyhoo . . .

Mommy bought me this cool whirlygig - it's got 2 kitties with feathers that spin in the breeze. It now hangs outside my bedroom window so I can see it every day. I drives my brothers crazy! You can see a video of it in action at Kimo's & Sabi's blog.

On our way home from the festival, we went to the local market and all the grocery bags had been decorated by local kids. This is the bag we got our groceries in:

This year's theme was "Reuse, Recycle, Remember" (the "remember part referred to our town's 150 years). 


3 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

That looks like a fun day! You were really sweet to let Aidan enter the contest without you stealing his thunder!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

mr. not smart iz bad!
yer boyfrend iz a kyoot chicken.
i wuz laffin.
luv--jh

Amy M. said...

That is a very nice whirlygig!!! Thanks for playing with us on Saturday!

-Amy and Aidan